Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day #... what day are we on again?

So, we gave up and rented a car for the rest of the week. It's hot, humid and we're far enough outside of the city that it's worth the extra money. You know, it's funny....I believe that Fringe festivals cannot exist without being the most humid time of the year. I can't explain it at all, but I bet that no matter what city it is, no matter what time of the year it is, the Fringe festival takes place in the most uncomfortably humid conditions.

However, with the car we can come and go as we please, we are not dependent on others, it won't take us an hour to get anywhere. Ah, freedom. Now all we have to deal with is – dun dun daaaahhh – parking.

We saw three show yesterday: Zombie High School, Rachel Teagle Believes In Ghosts, and Bite Me, Twilight.

There are, of course, a couple of shows here at the Fringe with zombies and vampires in them. And, of course, Josh needed to see a zombie one. Zombie High School advertised zombies AND a capella singing. What's a nerdy boy to do? Fabulous show though! This is one that, if we were in NYC, would probably get an Off-Broadway run. However, I think it would also be great for my friend Malia, who coaches/directs a high school theater competition team every year and is on the lookout for fun, large group, easy/cheap to produce shows. This would be perfect.

And then we had to see Bite Me, Twilight because the performer, Tom Reed, is one that did an encore performance last year, the trailer for last year's show looked funny and Josh wants to see anything that makes fun of Twilight. No brainer. Mr. Reed is kind of hysterical.

Rachel Teagle wasn't quite what I expected, but still delivered a solid story-telling show and some interesting history about some haunted places. Rachel did a wonderful job holding my and, I think, the rest of the audience's attention.

Reviews for our show are still trickling in. They are still very positive. We're expecting Quinton Skinner's review tomorrow in the City Pages. We'll see if that breaks the trend. The feedback and excitement that we've been getting about the show has been intensely overwhelming for me. Every time Josh tells me we have another 5 or 4 kitty review on the fringe website, or we get mentioned in another local paper, I get a huge knot in my throat.

OH!!! We received an email this morning from Dominic Cianciolo, the Cinematic Director of WBIE/NetherRealm Studios, who did the cinematic direction for Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. He asked when we were performing in Chicago!

I just don't know what to do with all of this.

3 comments:

  1. I soooo wish I was there to share this with you all! It is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What to do with all of this? Why, you go to Chicago, you silly girl.

    ReplyDelete