Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Keepin' on keepin' on.

Josh and I have been stressing out about this (Josh more than me). We have been talking it up, sent out a save-the-date email blast, and thrown around ideas to our friends. The amount of support and excitement has been overwhelming! Sometimes a little too overwhelming. Instead of hoping we have a fun and funny show, we're now hoping we don't suck.

With all of the wonderful suggestions and comments our friends and colleagues have given us, we got a little ahead of ourselves. We started steering our little boat of stage combat fun towards the Sea of Dramatic Purpose, which would eventually lead us to the Ocean of Ohmygodwhatarewedoing. We decided to get back to basics.

So, Josh and I requested a brainstorming from our friend Dave. Very, very helpful. It put Josh in a better frame of mind and we are renewed with purpose! The session was a lighthouse - to further my metaphor I started in the last paragraph. If you couldn't tell, I'm the visual side of the team. ;)

As I type this (to make myself feel like I'm accomplishing something tonight), Josh is continuing to research all of the deaths in Shakespeare's works. Through one of our friends we discovered a wonderful reference book called Who's Who in Shakespeare by Francis Griffin Stokes. It's a dictionary of every person in and around Shakespeare's writings. The best part? At the end of the detailed scene by scene breakdown of what the character does in the play, it says how they die. OH MY GOSH!!!! Time saver! We thought we were going to have to read/re-read every single freakin' play. And as much as I love Shakespeare, I REALLY don't want to read King John. Someday I will. But hopefully I will be paid to do it.

I asked Josh if he would like to add anything before I post this. He says I should change King John to Timon of Athens. We all have our limits I guess. Does anyone die in Timon? Echth, I hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment